On this, the 6th Sunday of Easter, the risen Christ speaks to His disciples, to us, of the peace and understanding that comes from the Holy Spirit. It is not the peace of this world but rather the deep abiding assurance of our purpose, our place, and our destiny in the end, irrespective of the trials and tribulations of this world, as children of God.
To help meditate on the readings and their meaning to us today I have included some links below to the reflections on today’s reading as well as to the readings themselves.
God bless and remember. This is the day that the Lord has made!
- Today’s Mass Readings
- Pope Francis’ homily: Be filled with an evangelical, ecclesial, missionary spirit
- Beyond Words: 05/05/2013 (LifeTeen Video)
- Four Gifts of Grace – A Meditation on the Gospel for the 6th Sunday of Easter
- Kingdom of Peace: 6th Sunday of Easter
- Sermon 643 : No Temple in the New Jerusalem : 6th Sunday of Easter (Podcast)