In today’s Gospel reading we find Jesus cautioning us against greed and admonishing us to instead focus upon the things that matter, eternal matters of the soul that will transcend this life. Each Sunday the church gives us a gift in the reading of the Gospel. It is up to us to take that gift and make it a part of our lives. The following are some resources to help us reflect on Christ’s words and their importance in our lives today. Take a few moments this Sunday to read, listen, watch. You will find true riches in God’s word and its meaning for you today.
God Bless – Peace
- Today’s Gospel Reading – Luke 12: 13-21
- Sermon 656 : The Great Yes and The Great No : 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time (audio podcast)
- You Can’t Take it with You, But You Can Send it on Ahead! Five teachings on Wealth from the Gospel of the 18th Sunday of the Year.
- Beyond Words: 08/04/2013 (Lifeteen video)
- The Fool’s Vanity: Scott Hahn Reflects on the 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time (text and audio podcast)
- Church of the Poor: The 18th Week of OT