Yesterday I picked up Tracy at JFK airport from her pilgrimage trip to Poland. As we drove and she recounted all the sites and experiences she encountered on her trip it brought home, once again, just how large the church is and how truly Universal it is. Such a blessing to be able to see the unique expressions of faith that reside under this big tent founded by Christ, the Universal Catholic Church.
PS – If you are interested in the type of pilgrimage that my wife just went on you can find more information here http://www.franciscan.edu/pilgrimages/
The following are posts and news from around the world in the church.
- To the Simon Wiesenthal Centre: face the problem of intolerance together
- POPE: GOD MEDDLES WITH OUR LIVES AND HEALS OUR WOUNDS
- Archbishop Broglio on Church, family, charity
- Franciscan University Pilgrimages (video)
- The Good Old Days
- Living the Gospel of Life
- Violence in the Bible: A commentary from Fr. Barron (video)
- The Liturgical Act of Feeding the Flock
- Jesus ‘Still a Prisoner,’ Pope Tells Jail Chaplains
- Spirituality: “Come back! Come Back…”
- Should Catholics Be Preppers?
- How will reform impact extraordinary synod?
- How to be a Missionary From Your Living Room
- Stages of Sin from St. Bernard of Clairvaux – Fasten Your Seatbelt!
- Humanae Vitae and Fatherhood—Introduction
- The Sidewalk Missionary: My Divine Appointment from Finland
- Stop Racing Against the Clock: How to Invest Your Time in College
- What Happens at Mass, Stays at Mass
- Rome’s ‘forgotten’ jobs make a comeback
- Can the Catholic Church in the USA be “a Church for the poor”?
- “Give the Breath of Life Back to My Children”
- What I Wish Every College Woman Knew …